Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Dali

Ah, The Dali...  A jolly warm-up for many, but a project of monumental proportions for yours truly.  The day that I finally climbed it was fraught with frustration and emotional discharge.  It was to be my final attempt to send before moving to South Carolina for an indefinite period.  My motivation couldn't have been greater.  And, as you will see in the feature film below, success appeared to be fleeting as the session wore on.  However, I managed to pull it together just before the alpine sun peeked over the Eastern Ridge, which on previous days signified the end of my “workday” (at about 9:00 am).


I’ll spare you the verbiage regarding my level of psych or white-kid-introspection or fulfillment or whatever.  I’m sure all that noise is implicit.  It’s not that I’m being flippant about personal achievement; indeed, I’ve remarked on it plenty of times before.  It’s just that I sound so trite when I do.  Ultimately, better people have expressed wiser thoughts about harder climbs.


Then again, the above statements could be perceived as some sort of false modesty, or a futile attempt to rise above the fray.  Fuck it.  Scrutinize my ego as you see fit, just don’t say shit about my tank-top. 








4 comments:

Justin's Blog said...

Excellent video! Frustration, success, and a dog's ass... always a good combination in a video. When are you heading back to CO?

anthony said...

Sick video man! Super motivating! Psyched about next week buddy!

Mannphoto said...

I love that vid! Ahhh, i miss the summer something fierce...

sock hands said...

my dogs wanna know what your dog's "situation" is.

nice send btw... after all these years, that dyno move STILL puts the smack down on me.