Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back in Boulder

Snow-capped peaks; Potent microbrews; Militant, wheat-free vegans; Beautiful people walking comelier dogs; Painful, granola-induced diarrhea (quickly remedied with kombucha); Chinook winds; Vigorous grade debates; Prius drag races; Painful crystal pulling; Three-hundred days of sunshine (with attendant melanoma); Low atmospheric pressure (allowing for expansive egos); Charismatic fauna; Multiparous mothers who are stronger than you; Cultural diversity...  

Well, maybe not that last one.  We tend to reflect a lot of light here.* But the other overlying idiosyncrasies are just part of what makes me glad to call this place "home"... at least for a while.  





Just making sure that I can still do the move on Moffat Direct, one year crustier.  While it is much maligned, Flagstaff Mt. is a good place to try and earn street credit.  Not that I need any... yo.



Andy Mann warming up for a session at Arthur's Rock



Andy on Ode to Failure



Simone, content to burrow wherever we are.  (Note to park rangers:  No actual erosion was caused by this placid K-9.  Blogs are not real life.)




Jason Pinto on Laying in Wait, the "best slab in Colorado."


*Yes, I am conflating culture and color.  What of it, you goddamn hippie!?

12 comments:

anthony said...

Envy! Jealousy! Ummm... your vocab far exceeds mine, what's another word I can use to say, "you suck!!" Wish I was there and not here! Oh, and tell Simone that I've already informed the CO. DNR and Park Services of her shinanagans!

Ryan Brazell said...

Any governing body out here will have to contend with her Siren-like seduction powers. She wields a coy glance sharper than Hattori Hanzo steel. Rangers are lured in to scratch her belly and wish her well, against their better nature. They emerge grizzled and distraught. She's her own women (bitch) and is not to be pimped upon.

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting the date beta.

--Dan Fenner, no matter what Blogger may tell you.

Jason Huston said...

Welcome back to CO, Ryan! I miss Boulder, but never miss a chance to make fun of it. You and Justin should make a trip west soon.

sock hands said...

PINTOOOOOOOOO !!!!

welcome back, fool.

now in schprockets, ve shall dance [at evans/park/evans again]

hep hep hep

sock hands said...

UPDATES!!!

Ryan Brazell said...

Here's an update: Everything is spitting me off, and (thankfully) I have no photos or footage with which to broadcast my failure. GET OVER IT can suck it. That's my update.

Ryan Brazell said...

I'm not actually angry. Having a blast falling off...

Taylor Roy said...

Hi Ryan, I have been reading your blog for a little while and really like it. You have a great vocabulary. Since you are back in town, we should hangout. Also, I would be honored if you added my blog(the man with three first names) to your favorites list.

Ryan Brazell said...

Taylor!!! I had no idea... You are now on the list, which means that a couple of chumps (much love) from the Midlands of SC might view your blog. We should grab a beer at the Mountain Sun sometime soon. Or better yet, we should grab a beer after a climbing session where you teach me how to crush. 303-819-1566.

sock hands said...

holy shit are you holding out for a free-range wheatgrass organic, non-gmo verison of an effing laptop to update this shiz?

your public DEMANDS better.

update now or you may find yourself searching for mushrooms in the subterrainian realm; i.e. six feet under mother earf, HIPPY!


[note, that was indeed a threat]

John DuBose said...

Jesus Christ! Show us some pictures and give us some of your faulknerian prose. As I sit here in 90 degree heat and 90 percent humidity I demand some vicarious living through the boulderite hippie set. Failure to comply will result in me convincing Mike Shultz to shoot you next time you are at HP40.