Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Great Picture Purge (Or: Here's What I've Been Up To, Sort Of)

Over the past couple of months, the energy that I once devoted to rock climbing (and occasionally posting pictures and videos thereof) has been directed elsewhere, and spread pretty thin.  The hiatus has been good for me in many ways, but I'm now ready to renew my obsession.  And just in time:  The alpine areas have melted, and are ready to be flailed upon by yours truly.  By the time I get my mojo back (to the extent that I ever had it), the temps should be crisp and the friction extraordinary.  Hopefully I'll see some of you out there.

In the mean time, here are some photos of recent trips I've taken.  I hope you enjoy.






The Olympic Peninsula 




Nationalistic shenanigans, eh?  Canada Day in Victoria, BC. 




Fresh forage in Vancouver.





The summit of the Chief at Squamish, BC.




Bobcat near the summit of the Chief.  Look toward the center of the photo, just under the splintered log.




Slug.


Another slug.  I promise it was a really exciting trip to the Pacific Northwest.




Even on vacation, I can't forget about my projects at home.





With a little agricultural TLC and viticultural intervention, these grapes too will one day get me drunk.



Mitch imbibes, albeit grudgingly.  Touring wineries is such a chore.



See... It's a total chore.





Shaggy Parasol mushroom.





Katie and Simone on Mt. Yale.





Bernholtz Arete at the Skyland Boulders in Crested Butte. 







Atomic (aka Tick Fever)

7 comments:

Justin's Blog said...

nice pics... and oh yeah, that winery looks familar.... b/c i toured it while i was living in oregon... totally slipped my mind that it was erath

sock hands said...

cool cool. got to see a bobcat when driving the last 100yards on the way to the parking for the freightrain boulder in the gross res area.... camera was in trunk and bobcat had no business w/ me rooting in the trunk. i tried to chase him down and make him pose, but was not fleet of foot enough...

HASSLING WILDLIFE FTW!!!

sock hands said...

hastling

Jason Huston said...

Nice post, Ryan. Can we expect more frequent updates now that you are returning to climbing? Checking this blog daily and seeing nothing but the same post is moderately demoralizing. Makes me feel like I have no life...

Ryan Brazell said...

That's an interesting perspective you have there, Jason. I've been working under the assumption that a failing to post means that I don't have a life. After all, is an unpostworthy life truly worth living?

And I do intend to update much more frequently, but don't always deliver on my intentions. Rate of success and documentation thereof will surely affect my motivation to post. I am a self-aggrandizing blowhard...

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, godson. I forgot I had your blog in favorites, duh?
esp. liked the slugs. Sue

Jason Huston said...

Maybe it's true, Ryan, an unpostworthy life is not worth living so post up or, er nevemind.

But really some witty writing and dazzling photos would gladly be accepted.