Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bishop, CA

I'm headed to California soon. I'll be there for two weeks, bouldering in Bishop and hanging with Zach in the Santa Cruz area. I can hardly wait. Columbia is starting to drain my morale a bit, and I'm really looking forward to recharging in the Eastern Sierras and the California coast. The trip will hopefully be a beautiful mosaic of bloody fingers and pleasant wines. Both of my hedonistic urges will be gratified.

Below are some pictures that Justin and I took of our Bishop trip last spring.












Justin on the Iron Man Traverse


Saigon







Me trying and failing on Cayla. This is one of the coolest problems at the Druid Stones, and I can't wait to approach it with new beta this year.




Whatta boulder... Hanging out at the top of High Plains Drifter.








Entry moves to Skye Dance

More Skye Dancing


The Cave Route


More of the Cave Route




Change of Heart



Sure is purty.




3 comments:

sock hands said...

i'm crazy motivated by piks of bishop's granite, though naysayers say that hueco is much better of a destination. being a lover of choss, my heart still wonders what life would have been if only i had mustered the courage to really go for bishop... i made a few attempts, but i was easily discouraged. and here i am... years later with three visits to hueco, a car payment, and a mortgage... i can't just walk away from my life now. i've made my bed and i must lie in it.

Mannphoto said...

...just becuase you have made yourself a nice comforting bowl of porridge, JJ, dosen't mean you can't wait for it to cool some, stick your face in it, and blow bubbles.

Ryan Brazell said...

Dammit Andy! There is to be no poetic license here. Censors..!Undo this porridge metaphor!!!

Naw just kidding... Good point.

I know it's a trifling debate, but I actually prefer Bishop to Hueco. I think it has more to do with the setting than the climbing, but the climbing is hard to beat. That being said, I've certainly never second guessed myself any time I've been in Hueco. [Ramble, ramble, ramble, meaningless bullshit ramble.] Go to Bishop some time, JJ.