Monday, December 17, 2007

Not winning any new climbing partners with this one...




This is an old photo of J. Fish, taken after he had a bit of a spill on Revenge, in Rocky Mountain National Park. Some might claim that he incurred the injury because of poor spotting and pad placement on my part. Others might contend that his refusal to wear steel body armor was an invitation to abrasion. While I tend to side with the latter group, I suppose there's a grain of truth in both arguments. Moreover, falls onto rock are always multi-factoral. And what did you do to prevent it? I guess in a way we're all to blame... Right?

3 comments:

sock hands said...

you are both at fault for not owning organic pads and/or carrying them to the park [and back out, thereafter].

i contend that spotting is for people too lazy to have carried enough pads for the task at hand.

!

Justin's Blog said...

Ouch! I remember that day...

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.