Friday, February 8, 2008

Soggy Slogging Through the South

I recently took a couple of weeks away from work to thoroughly roadtrip through the Southeast. I began by climbing at Rumbling Bald with some Columbia folks. Always a treat. Then, good friend Jason Pinto flew in from Colorado to accompany me on what was supposed to be an eat-your-heart-out-General-Sherman razing of the sandstone bouldering areas. In retrospect, that expectation might have been a bit grandiose.

At the outset, we enjoyed two sunny days at Rocktown, as well as one at Horse Pens 40. The remainder of the trip was miserably rainy, unfortunately skewing the climbing-day to rest-day ratio. Damp boulders beget damper morale. However, I suppose we should be grateful that we emerged unscathed. The storms that snuffed out our psych culminated in catostrophic tornadoes nearby, which makes our bitching seem pretty trifling.

A few pictures:


Anthony on Contact at Rumbling Bald

Pinto on Cuts Like a Knife at HP40
Brad on Red Lobster at HP40
Here is a public cry for help: I'd like to share a few videos of various climbing exploits, but I'm totally mired in ineptitude, and therefore unable to do so. I'm working with a computer that is new to me, and can't figure out how upload (or is it download? lateral load? I don't know...) video from my camera. When I did this before, I used a fire-wire. However, this computer doesn't seem to have the appropriate outlet. Help me, please. Is there some other way? Will a USB work? I'm at a loss.

2 comments:

sock hands said...

omg i'll grani YOUR oses if you don't post more !!!1

Justin's Blog said...

The rock looks nice out there, so does the weather. Pull on some rock for me! Hope all is well and I will follow Justin's lead if you don't keep posting... Get 'er done.